R9 280 Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding...

zaioliciouz

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015
Hello,
recently I've been getting lots of errors and bluescreens, and I can not figure out why. I go into the event viewer and can definitely see the error "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." multiple times, which is eventually causing a bluescreen. I have been searching through the internet alot, but have not managed to figure out a solution yet.

Does anyone know how to fix these kinds of errors? I have tried adding a TdrDelay value in my regedit, and the GPU is not overclocked in any ways possible, and last but not least I have tried to clock down the card to see if it helped - which it did not.

Specs:
Win 7 64-bit
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 REV 1.2
XFX R9 280
CORSAIR 16GB RAM @1600MHz
AMD FX-8320 Clocked @4,3GHz

Edit: I have not gotten this error before I started with two monitors. I now use two monitors, can this be the case? If so; why would it cause this error?

Solution

CPU overclocked is something overclocked. Need to get rid of anything that can cause issues, although the CPU is not likely the cause of the errors. Maybe drivers, and since you added the thing about using dual monitors now, did you try going back to one and see if the issue stopped?

zaioliciouz

Reputable
Nov 15, 2015

Everything is factory, not overclockec - well, except the cpu. The psu is a Cooler Master GX750w. I will indeed test it out on another system and come back with answers. Thank you for replying

CPU overclocked is something overclocked. Need to get rid of anything that can cause issues, although the CPU is not likely the cause of the errors. Maybe drivers, and since you added the thing about using dual monitors now, did you try going back to one and see if the issue stopped?

Solution