Fx-8350 Bottlenecks Gtx750Ti And Temp Fix Doesn't work! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGxGamer

Commendable
May 28, 2016
So The Fx-8350 Bottlenecks my Gtx750Ti I have tried to disable some of the cores on my CPU to match the performance of my GPU however that leads to the same unstable frame rates. I really need help because I'm unable to work at the moment and I cannot keep this unstable frame rates for long please help :)

An example of the bottleneck:
On CS:GO I'am able to run it max settings 1080p 200fps however the lag kicks in at vital moments in the game (Gun fights .etc) so this leads to horrible skill in the game and I really want to play without the drops.

Solution
You clearly have some other issue. CS Go is such a light game that it simply won't be "bottlenecked" by a 8350. That bottleneck thing is something most people made up since they don't understand what it means. The 8350 works just fine with even higher end cards. The 750ti is nowhere close to being bottlenecked by it. If anything, you won't see the actual performance the 8350 is capable of because the 750ti is a mid low range card. Disabling cores has nothing to do with that either, it's like pinching a tire on your car to compensate for a more powerful engine, just doesn't make sense. If you are getting fps drops on a game like this, you probably have some program running in the background that's messing with your performance or maybe...
This isn't because of your CPU, it's because the 750 Ti is pretty crappy. It can sustain high framerates when there's not much going on in the game but as soon as it gets intense it just can't keep up. Keep all your CPU cores enabled and upgrade your GPU. I'd recommend either an R7 370 or an R9 380X depending on how much money you can spend.

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
You clearly have some other issue. CS Go is such a light game that it simply won't be "bottlenecked" by a 8350. That bottleneck thing is something most people made up since they don't understand what it means. The 8350 works just fine with even higher end cards. The 750ti is nowhere close to being bottlenecked by it. If anything, you won't see the actual performance the 8350 is capable of because the 750ti is a mid low range card. Disabling cores has nothing to do with that either, it's like pinching a tire on your car to compensate for a more powerful engine, just doesn't make sense. If you are getting fps drops on a game like this, you probably have some program running in the background that's messing with your performance or maybe your hard drive is going to fail soon and gets stuck for a few seconds. It could be anything but there's no way to tell just by the info you provided.

I'm in no way saying that the 8350 is a top of the line processor these days, but it certainly can handle more than that and it's not a "bottleneck". That term is relative to the game and application, and shooters are not usually a problem for it, let alone CS Go.

Solution

JGxGamer

Commendable
May 28, 2016

But my GPU isn't powerful enough. I don't have any softwares running in the background so I don't know how that could be an issue but I apparently have a bottleneck because of the powerful CPU paired with a weak GPU however I don't have enough for a GPU at this time.
Note:
I had a weaker CPU before and with my GPU it was wonderful. I have no software changes since that point so I have no idea where the frame rate drops are coming from but thanks for your help :)

JGxGamer

Commendable
May 28, 2016

I don't have the money for a GPU at the moment and if I do buy one I want a Nvidia GPU due to the included recording software.

Status
Not open for further replies.