i5 6500 vs i3 6320

Solution
The i5 will be A LOT better than the i3 in pretty much anything. Kind of the same but with 4 cores instead of 2 cores so should be around twice as fast especially in gaming applications. :)

CPU/GPU boss is usually pretty bad for direct comparison, because they lack a lot of important information. :p

migronesien

Honorable
The i5 will be A LOT better than the i3 in pretty much anything. Kind of the same but with 4 cores instead of 2 cores so should be around twice as fast especially in gaming applications. :)

CPU/GPU boss is usually pretty bad for direct comparison, because they lack a lot of important information. :p

Solution

Forget about that crap site and never remember it again :)

The i5 is the better CPU all around and will serve you well for the foreseeable future.

MrKrako

Respectable
Apr 17, 2016
If you can afford the i5, go for it.

i5 CPUs beats pretty every i3 (if we are talking about the same architecture) in both single-thread and multi-thread applications. Even though i3 6320 has a higher clock speed, the i5 will still be better. More over, the i5 has 4 physical cores, intstead of the 2 cores with hyperthreading the i3 has. These 2 more real cores are a thing when using multi-thread applications and gaming.

I don't know how are the prices where you live, but if you are choosing between these two and can afford it, go to the i5 without a single doubt.