350 watt psu with hd 7770?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
If we ignore for a second that we're talking about a junk power supply, even if the PSU could be trusted to suppress ripple, it's a very old design not suitable for modern parts. In the context of a modern PC, it's not really a 350W PSU, as the +12v rail maxes at 216W (PSUs designed in the last decade will generally reach 90% or higher of the rated output on the +12v).

Now, you may still be under the 216, depending on your peripherals as the 7770 maxes out at about 100W and the G3258 is not particularly power-hungry, but that's not cutting it close with a safe, dependable PSU with low output, that's cutting it close with a PSU that I would not recommend someone purchasing under any circumstances. Well, realistic circumstances - I imagine I'd buy one if my family was being held hostage and the gunman said he'd let them go if I buy a terrible PSU for $15, but the odds of this happening are fairly long.

TLDR version: A resounding no.

Kahlo kahlow

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

Really? :C
Well damn I can't afford that xD
I'm just not gonna buy then.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Unfortunately, if it is in fact the same PSU that you're being offered, the UL code reveals that Dell PSU as another low-end ACBel, not one of the Delta-made ones for Dell that actually are quite adequate.

I personally wouldn't even go for the EVGA W1 recommended earlier -- it's very entry-level -- but it's a lot better than what you have and at least unlikely to damage your PC.

Kahlo kahlow

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

It's fine, I'm just not gonna buy the stuff. I'm already skeptical about upgrading my pc because I don't want to spend too much money on it and I'm not looking for a gaming capable pc.