FX 6300 Overclocking non black edition

Gazoose

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
hey , so i decided to buy myself a fx 6300 , but im very confused to buy a black edition or standard non black editon with stock cooler , can the standard edition be overclocked normally ? or do i have to buy the black edition so i can overclock it.I'm a casual gamer and dont want to overclock too high , maybe to the standard 4.1 Ghz turbo. please tell me your opinion

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016
There only is a "Black edition". AMD just puts that to let you know the CPU is unlocked and ready to go. Yes, you can overclock with this CPU.

Overclocking to 4.1 will give you a little boost. 4.5Ghz + is where the CPU really starts to open up.

Gazoose

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

do you mean i can overclock using the standard fx 6300 ? or do i have to buy the black edition to be able to overclock?

Gazoose

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016

Oh i see , so there's only 1 version of FX 6300 huh ,i thought there was 2 , thanks :)

FYI: The FX prefix, took the place of the BE (Black Edition), your 6 core FX-6300 is an unlocked multiplier CPU, the same as as the earlier models of the AMD "Black Edition" was.

AMD also had an earlier 6 core line that followed the original AMD quad core BEs the Thuban core X6 CPUs and they were Identified followed by a T that indicated they were also an unlocked multiplier CPU.