i5 660 (3.2GHz) + GTX 750 TI Low Profile [HELP]

DanielFVS

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
Hi guys, i am looking to buy a cheap SFF computer, i'm thinking of getting the HP Compaq 8100 Elite (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02030590-2)

The Specs are:
- Processor: i5 660 (3.2GHz)
- RAM: 4 GB
- HDD: 500GB
- PSU: 240 Watts
- Motherboard: MS-7557

I was wondering if i could buy a GeForce GTX 750 TI Low Profile and using it on that computer without any problems.
I don't understand much about computers, i did my research and i got to this point.

Thank you for your help :)

Solution
Following this article, you should have at least 350W of power at your hand. Although the system may pull 250W of power, you're stretching your initiative by using a borderline PSU to power your components.

You can buy a GTX750Ti low profile cooler but you're going to have to swap out the PSU inside the chassis which is an even bigger hassle since the unit is proprietary, much like that found on a Dell Optiplex SFF system. Is it possible for you to build a SFF system with parts sourced from ebay? You'd find that your computing experience would be greatly multiplied if you went with a new build provided you make a follow up after going through this guide.

Lutfij

Titan
Following this article, you should have at least 350W of power at your hand. Although the system may pull 250W of power, you're stretching your initiative by using a borderline PSU to power your components.

You can buy a GTX750Ti low profile cooler but you're going to have to swap out the PSU inside the chassis which is an even bigger hassle since the unit is proprietary, much like that found on a Dell Optiplex SFF system. Is it possible for you to build a SFF system with parts sourced from ebay? You'd find that your computing experience would be greatly multiplied if you went with a new build provided you make a follow up after going through this guide.

Solution