$200 PC Gaming budget good for starters?

WALKER150

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
There was a video I was watching last night where a guy had put together a PC Part Picker list for a $200 dollar Gaming PC, I was skeptical as I have been looking for a PC to play CS GO and such games that aren't as demanding. I am also on a very tight budget and this would be my first Gaming PC setup. Here's what the parts are:

APU: AMD A8-7600 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Biostar Hi-Fi A70U3P Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard
Memory: Kingston Savage 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Apex TX-381 MicroATX Mid Tower Case w/300W Power Supply

Solution
So... yeah that could play CSGO/Minecraft on low settings and probably a low resolution.

But that's about it, besides basic computer stuff. Not really a "gaming PC" in sense of the word.

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
I'll echo what James Mason said. Most current games take 6-8 gb ram. The power supply unit is on the do not buy because it could burn your house down list. I'm not exaggerating: Tier Five
Avoid IMMEDIATELY. These units are highly unsafe to use. No such protections added, very thin gauge wiring used, false advertising and too much to list. Reference to a higher tiered unit for a better, money saving and a much safer unit. For your safety's sake, please don't order or pick one up for use in your system. These units are a potential fire hazard and could even kill you, let alone your system.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

zornyan

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
I wouldn't consider 200$ budget, that cost less than my toaster and kettle combined....

a budget gaming pc, should be able to play 'most' games at, at least 30fps, otherwise why not get a ps4 or xbox?

a half decent budget pc would be.

the new radon 480 or whatever it's called, 200$
i5 processor of some flavour
z97 mobo
a bronze rated psu that won't burn your house down.
a case with half decent airflow
a decent cpu fan

otherwise you end up with something literally worse off than a console, that has ancient tech as it is

TRENDING THREADS