fx 6300 or athlon x4 860k for recording games

Ima OpGamer

Honorable
Apr 29, 2016
So ive recently decided to start doing more youtube and record games. problem is my current cpu isnt doing that good, i currently have an amd a8 3820 quad core cpu. with my current cpu, im playing gmaes at 30+ fps but recording at around 20fps. People have to me to get the fx 6300 or althlon x4 860k butim not sure which one to get.

im thinking fx 6300 because it has more cores, more cache etc but is more expensive.

the games i'll be playing is mainly gta v, black ops 3, assassins creed and a little cs go or dirty bomb?

I know that the athlon x4 860k might bottleneck my gpu, amd r7 370, but ive heard thats only when you have high graphics settings etc but i just want to record games with a smooth frame rate and dont care much about settings.

Im planning on using dxtory and record in 1080p 30fps at the min or maybe 60fps.

Thanks

Solution
The games you list all use 4 cores so there won't be enough left to encode video at the same time,even with the fx-6300 you won't be able to get a good quality recording.

If you have the chance sell your GPU and get a nvidia card,then you can use shadowplay which uses the GPU to do the recording,this way you don't loose any FPS while recording.
Cheapest way would be to put that Athlon in because for FX you would need new MB too. Maybe new windows too if you change MB and windows are OEM. It's not going to bottleneck 370 anyway. If that doesn't suffice, I see completely new system in your life.

The games you list all use 4 cores so there won't be enough left to encode video at the same time,even with the fx-6300 you won't be able to get a good quality recording.

If you have the chance sell your GPU and get a nvidia card,then you can use shadowplay which uses the GPU to do the recording,this way you don't loose any FPS while recording.

Solution