FX-6100 overclocking help!

Mike3k24

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016
So I now have the Fx 6100 cause my uncle gave it to me. I want to overclock it over its base (3.3). I've never overclocked anything before cause this is my first gaming PC. Can someone give a step by step guide on how to overclock? What do I need to keep an eye on when I overclock?

Solution
Alright, this is gonna be fun!

First, you want to run a stress test to make sure your processor is stable and also to make sure that your cooling is efficient. I would try Prime95 for the stress test. Run this for a while (a couple hours is best, but thirty minutes might suffice). If your CPU passes without crashing or shutting down due to heat you can move to this guide.

Make sure you do this first and after ANY voltage changes to the CPU!

Guide: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?275891-Bulldozer-Overclocking-Guide-(Performance-Scaling-Charts-max-OCs)LN2-Results-coming!

This is a good guide that runs you through the overall process. Unfortunately I would be sitting here typing for hours to get you through the...

Alec Lockhart

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014
Alright, this is gonna be fun!

First, you want to run a stress test to make sure your processor is stable and also to make sure that your cooling is efficient. I would try Prime95 for the stress test. Run this for a while (a couple hours is best, but thirty minutes might suffice). If your CPU passes without crashing or shutting down due to heat you can move to this guide.

Make sure you do this first and after ANY voltage changes to the CPU!

Guide: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?275891-Bulldozer-Overclocking-Guide-(Performance-Scaling-Charts-max-OCs)LN2-Results-coming!

This is a good guide that runs you through the overall process. Unfortunately I would be sitting here typing for hours to get you through the same process that this article already has.

Have fun! Just remember to be careful and check everything twice, a bad voltage or setting can destroy a CPU if you are not careful!

Also, make sure you have a good cooler to keep the CPU cool, that is a must!

Solution

Mike3k24

Respectable
Apr 21, 2016

Thank you so much for this!