FX 6300 + Faulty heat sensor maybe ?

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016
Hi guys, i have a problem, i disabled my Turbo boost core technology but the problem seemed to continue... while playing heavy games such as bf4, my temperature on hw monitor sometimes peaks towards 206 degrees MAX of the CPU and gives me insane fps drops for about 10 seconds then goes back to normal and my temps lower back towards 55-60 degrees... i dont know why but this suddenly appeared yesterday... i tried Locking the cores aswell as disabling the turbo boost but it does not seem to work... maybe you guys can help me out cause i am out of options here..
With Turbo boost turned off it hits a max of 147 as shown in picture. http://
CPU: FX 6300
GPU: GTX 750 TI superclocked
MOBO: msi 760gm-p23 fx

Thanks in regard..

SteeloMusic

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016
Well those temps are absolutely way to high, so there's a chance that sensor is busted, but if frames drop too maybe it is overheating.

Check CPU cooler tightness, is it loose? any gaps will cause issues. If it's not loose, how about the thermal paste, is it dry?

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

Checked those this morning it is none of those, it is technically impossible for a CPU to be that hot since it would melt and once a CPU hits over 100-110 degrees a computer would shut down out of self defense for overheating... is there a way to check if the heat sensor is faulty ? or to fix a faulty sensor ..

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016

Shut down or throttle itself to the point that it does not heat up, yes. Not all CPU's shutdown. You are correct though that temperature is insane.

Well, my only experience with that is getting thermal paste on sensor and ruining it, but I couldn't fix it. Have you tried other programs to see if it's the same reading?

SteeloMusic

Reputable
Feb 28, 2016

For temperature checks i only know HWmonitor, but it's strange that it suddenly does this, only thing that happened was a little bump with my feet against the case 2 days ago, but you can not tell me that stuff can screw with a CPU... if i check everything that i did on my pc that happened in between: Bumping my feet.. Downloading Black ops 3, go to a lan party, get back home.. play black ops 3 see the issues.. test other games.. see the issues ( to be exact this happens in heavy games like Black ops 3, battlefield 4 and gta v. this does not happen in: CS:GO & Rocket League. ) so it only happens when the CPU gets heavy loads of textures to render.

Themastererr

Respectable
May 22, 2016

Yeah I hear you. Sorry, the only thing I can think is the heatsink or thermal paste not applied properly. Other than that you shouldn't be getting huge temperature spikes unless voltage set completely wrong.