970 sli Power Supply Issues

guitaristapd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014
My power supply (600b) only has two 6 pin connectors, 3 molex, and 6 sata. Which adapters should I get in order to have 2 more 6 pins. I know that this power supply is pretty much garbage. I am actively looking for a new one, but I want to know what adapters I can use with what I have to safely run this setup.

Solution
The 600b is a tier three model on the PSU list, which means that you can expect premature failure or miscellaneous issues if you attempt to run it under heavy load on a regular basis. No amount of adapters will get around that. If you want trouble-free operation with SLI, get a higher quality 650W or higher unit that carries all of the necessary leads natively.

If you do not already own that other GTX970, a better option might be to sell your existing one and get a 1070 after the prices settle down.

InvalidError

Titan
The 600b is a tier three model on the PSU list, which means that you can expect premature failure or miscellaneous issues if you attempt to run it under heavy load on a regular basis. No amount of adapters will get around that. If you want trouble-free operation with SLI, get a higher quality 650W or higher unit that carries all of the necessary leads natively.

If you do not already own that other GTX970, a better option might be to sell your existing one and get a 1070 after the prices settle down.

Solution

guitaristapd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

I jumped on the second 970 when it was on sale new for $240. I'll probably just buy a new psu then. Now to tackle the inevitable question of which one. If you could give suggestions for anything around $60 after a rebate, that would be great.

guitaristapd

Reputable
Aug 5, 2014

I've read in a few places that this is the best power supply for the money. I was just wondering if there are any other good ones in this price range that often have rebates. Thanks!