1080 ti and rx 490x possible release dates?

Solution

The 1080 Ti and RX 490x should release at around the same time, along with the new Fury and Fury X.

WIth AMD's reveal of the RX 460, 470, and 480 they stated that was everything in the Polaris family, meaning that the RX 490x will be based on Vega and HBM2, AMD's high end platform. It's a shame because we will have to wait some time for it but on the other hand it is going to be one beast of a card with HBM2, this without even mentioning the new Fury and Fury X.

I don't really see Nvidia in a rush to release the 1080 Ti as AMD don't and won't have anything that will come near it (except the Pro Duo) for some time. It's a safe bet to say the 1080 Ti will come a bit before...

The 1080 Ti and RX 490x should release at around the same time, along with the new Fury and Fury X.

WIth AMD's reveal of the RX 460, 470, and 480 they stated that was everything in the Polaris family, meaning that the RX 490x will be based on Vega and HBM2, AMD's high end platform. It's a shame because we will have to wait some time for it but on the other hand it is going to be one beast of a card with HBM2, this without even mentioning the new Fury and Fury X.

I don't really see Nvidia in a rush to release the 1080 Ti as AMD don't and won't have anything that will come near it (except the Pro Duo) for some time. It's a safe bet to say the 1080 Ti will come a bit before the 490x and a bit after.

I would put it in time for the holiday season this year. At least, that's around where AMD's roadmap has it. There were rumors that AMD had speed that up a couple months but there's really nothing to confirm those.

Solution