i5 4460 to i7 4790

Ninja3D

Reputable
May 26, 2016
is it worth the upgrade extra 150 dollers i do alot of 3d rendering / after effects / photoshop stuffs how much of an improvement will i see ?

Solution
It's not worth it whatsoever as long as what you're doing isn't making you any money.

The i5 is plenty fast for a smooth workflow, as long as you're not working with 4k you're good.

Make sure you got an SSD for the uncompressed caching, as well as a lot of space on the scratch drive. RAM could be important, but without knowing specifics, impossible to say.

All the best!

Epicness937

Honorable
BANNED

for gaming its not a great increase and not for 150$ but on 3d rendering it is for sure 100% worth it
if you dont have the motherboard have you considered the broadwell-E or haswell-E cpus?

It's not worth it whatsoever as long as what you're doing isn't making you any money.

The i5 is plenty fast for a smooth workflow, as long as you're not working with 4k you're good.

Make sure you got an SSD for the uncompressed caching, as well as a lot of space on the scratch drive. RAM could be important, but without knowing specifics, impossible to say.

All the best!

Solution

Epicness937

Honorable
BANNED

if the program effectively uses 8 threads.....