Need help for a $1080 Budget PC Build.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
BTW this is the only site i can buy from http://dynaquestpc.com/ since its the only one in my country.

I need a build that can out perform my previous build which had a 4670k , GTX 770 , 8 GB Ram , 2 TB HDD also one that can max out pretty much anything and upcoming games.

my Budget in our currency is P50,000 if you ask, also i would want one that can go with ArmA 3 Smoothly mostly in servers with 100+ people since it gets so laggy when there's much people in 1 server.

i would prefer a R9 390 / R9 390x since you know the GTX 970 and its 3.5 GB Fiasco, if its not that you know a large effect please just explain to me if it's not that big of a deal since all i know that it has 3.5 GB and that i think i won't be able to max games like GTA V.

Solution
It's often the case that VRAM is filled up just as a cache, but it's not necessary to fill it. Still, you might choose to wait a bit for the GTX 1070 to hit; it'll be far better than either, and have 8GB options. The 1080 is already for sale in your country, so I expect the 1070 to be there soon.

The i5 6600 would be fine. It's clocked just a hair higher than the 6500, and a little more expensive. In terms of performance per dollar, the 6500 is the sweet spot, but the 6600 is a little faster.

Regarding coolers, the beauty of Skylake is that you don't really need an aftermarket cooler for the non-K CPUs. These CPUs have a tiny 65w TDP, which is lower than any desktop CPU since ~2003. They're built on Intel's new 14nm process...
I think you need to wait at least until the end of June when the RX 480 is released. It promises pretty good performance for the cost and promises to shake up the pricing on the 390's and equivalent nV GPUs. Expected performance is right around the 970 or some rumors put it at >980 levels but I'm not too confident in those.

What you have now is not too bad a GPU and SSD is probably all you need.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

I don't mean to be an ahole here but i'm requesting a build , nor asking for anything better coming out, i'm not stupid to not know that there isn't anything new releasing that's better then the one i'm requesting.

but in the current state that the country i'm living in computer wise, it will be here in a year or so again i do not live in the U.S where you get anything instant that's why i requested pretty much anyone here to build one for me in the country i live in since i do not know what's the bang for the buck here.

TBH i hate people that recommends me to do that, again i don't mean to be offensive and i'm just saying that i'm asking for a build, requesting for one i did not ask a single time in this thread if there's anything better coming out all i'm asking for is what do you guys think for a $1080 Budget Gaming PC Build.

I know its a suggestion but still, just saying.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

I really want to replace mine since it has a really bad quality of...
pretty much everything, and i''m going to try and take a huge bet here to replace the whole thing, that since 0% of the people in this forum are willing to help me with my crashing then i'll just replace the whole thing.

Fair enough. That sort of thing is tough to diagnose over the internet, but I'll try my hand at a nice build for you. I'll be back shortly with a build proposal.

Will you be replacing the case, or can I assume you'll hold onto that?

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

My case is broken it lost a foot, and i don't fancy the window since i can't see the insides since there's 2 fans blocking it so no i'm not keeping it.

Well, here's what I came up with within your budget:

uhaORbE.png

Just add a case of your choice.

If you'd like, I can explain my part selection.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

Yeah i'd like to hear it since its a lot different then the one i came up with (6600k , Z and not H Mobo , a HDD )

You've been having problems. Overclocking generally introduces problems, and as such, I'd probably buy a PC stock and leave it alone. Additionally, it adds quite a bit of expense. A 6600K + aftermarket cooler + Z motherboard is often over $100 extra in the US, which I feel is much better spent on other components. Your CPU will not be a bottleneck in any modern games, but if you want to be extra-safe, buy an i7 6700 and leave everything else as-is.

SSDs don't improve your framerates, but they're more reliable than HDDs (no moving parts) and make a world of difference in general desktop performance. At the very least, you'll be the first one to load into the map when gaming. They're also completely silent.

I chose a high quality gold-rated power supply for obvious reasons.

The GTX 970 I picked was intentionally not a factory-overclocked model. It's uncommon, but occasionally factory-OC models do display instability, especially as they age. They're also noisier and more power hungry for a few percent extra performance. If you want that overclock, you can do it yourself, but I don't advise paying extra for it.

All of the brands I selected are top-tier, and in some cases I "spent" extra to avoid no-names. It's possible you could make an argument against Zotac; They make reliable products but aren't as big as Asus, for instance, but if you're uncomfortable with that you might instead choose an Asus or Gigabyte card.

Most importantly, I've kept it simple. No aftermarket coolers to mess up, minimal wires (M.2 SSD plugs into a slot on the motherboard - I've had many, many SATA cables fail for no apparent reason over the years), no gimmicky "extras", everything should just work.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

Sorry for the late reply but what would be your opinion on the one i made?

Chassis - P2,250
Tecware Alpha
Processor - P11,300
Intel Core i5-4690K
Motherboard - P5,950
ASRock Z97 Pro4
Graphics Card - P16,250
Sapphire NITRO R9-390 Tri-X OC 8GB Gddr5 512Bit
Ram - P3,550
Gskill RipjawsX 16GB Dual DDR3 1866 CL9
PSU - P4,550
Seasonic M12II-750 EVO 750W 80Plus
HDD - P3,480
Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB
CPU Cooler - P2,200
DeepCool Maelstrom 120K Liquid CPU Cooler
Case Fan x3 - P390
DeepCool XFAN 120mm Fan

Total : P49,920

At 1080P gaming, the 970 is probably a better choice. It's around as fast as a 390, give or take, but draws half the power and supports all of nVidia's proprietary features. For higher resolutions the Radeon may be the better choice.

I would not buy Haswell at this point. If anything, go with a 6600K and Z170 board instead if you want to pay the overclocking tax.

Definitely ditch the liquid cooler. I did liquid cooling for over a decade, and would not wish it on anyone at this point. There are many good choices in the air cooling market these days.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

I would prefer the 970 if it wasn't for its 3.5 GB thing, i honestly hate it i can't even max out the game i very much like which is GTA V , a 6600k and a Z Motherboard here costs a lot sadly and i wouldn't be able to fit in the r9 390.

why ditch it? i mean isn't Liquid Cooling better then the Air coolers ? also that's the cheapest Liquid Cooler i found also i feel like the one's below P2,200 is really cheap coolers that won't do good.

It's up to you ultimately, but I really recommend against buying a discontinued platform. Socket 1150 boards are already becoming scarce, and DDR3 production is dropping rapidly. In 2 years' time, 1151 will still have brand-new boards coming out, whereas you'll probably need to hit the equivalent of eBay or Craigslist where you live if you ever need a replacement 1150 board.

I don't consider the extra cost of the "K" CPU to justify its performance, especially not once you start factoring in the need for a larger power supply (550w is actually enough for 970 SLI + an i5 6500), an expensive cooler, and a more expensive "Z" chipset motherboard. An i5 6500 under the stock cooler will run cool, quiet, and stable, and due to its IPC advantage over Haswell, will actually perform pretty close to a mildly overclocked 4690K, and sometimes outperform it:

i5-6500-i5-6400-56.jpg

Liquid cooling is not better than air cooling, until you start getting to the extreme high-end. Consider where the bill of materials goes in an $80 air cooler vs an $80 liquid cooler - the liquid cooler needs a $50 pump, tubing, and coolant, whereas in the air cooler it all goes into cooling area. Noctua's D15 generally outperforms much more expensive watercoolers, and will never leak on your components and kill them - ask me how many times that happened.

If it's a moral issue about nVidia lying about specs, I can understand that, but even with the 3.5GB thing the 970 performs fine in brand-new games:

MirrorsEdgeCatalyst_1920.jpg

tww_1920.jpg

tr_1920_11.jpg

DOOM_1920.jpg

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

I have seen some Benchmarks in YouTube that the R9 390 performs a lot better than the GTX 970, but i have seen games like Doom etc where the GTX 970 Rules.

I tried it out, to max GTA V and it actually took 8192 MB which is 8 GB of VRAM that's why i'm more on the R9 390 Side.

also why not a i5-6600 tho? and what CPU Cooler would you recommend whether if its Air or Liquid in the price range of the Aerocool Maelstrom?

Here.
http://dynaquestpc.com/product-category/accessories-fan-cooler/fan-cooler-thermal-paste-compound/cooler-fan-cpu/

It's often the case that VRAM is filled up just as a cache, but it's not necessary to fill it. Still, you might choose to wait a bit for the GTX 1070 to hit; it'll be far better than either, and have 8GB options. The 1080 is already for sale in your country, so I expect the 1070 to be there soon.

The i5 6600 would be fine. It's clocked just a hair higher than the 6500, and a little more expensive. In terms of performance per dollar, the 6500 is the sweet spot, but the 6600 is a little faster.

Regarding coolers, the beauty of Skylake is that you don't really need an aftermarket cooler for the non-K CPUs. These CPUs have a tiny 65w TDP, which is lower than any desktop CPU since ~2003. They're built on Intel's new 14nm process which causes them to practically sip power.

If you really want to buy one, this is the cooler I'd recommend, because Noctua makes the best and quietest fans:

http://dynaquestpc.com/product/noctua-nh-u12p-se2-heatsink/

Or, perhaps this one if a big dual 120mm cooler obstructing access to your RAM slots and connectors on your motherboard is unappealing to you:

http://dynaquestpc.com/product/noctua-nh-u9b-se2-92mm-sso-cpu-cooler/

The NH-U12 has better performance on paper, but again, it's completely irrelevant for these CPUs since they use so little power anyway.

Solution

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

What do you think of this?
Chassis - P2,250
Tecware Alpha
Processor - P10,500
Intel Core i5-6600
Motherboard - P5,590
Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H mATX
Graphics Card - P17,900
Zotac GTX 970 AMP! Extreme Core Edition 4GB GDDR5 256Bit
Ram - P3,280
GSkill Ripjaws V 16GB Dual DDR4 2400 CL15
PSU - P3,850
Seasonic G-550 550W 80Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
HDD - P3,480
Western Digital WD Caviar Blue 2TB
CPU Cooler - P2,250
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Heatsink
Case Fan x3 - P390
DeepCool XFAN 120mm Fan
Thermal Compound - P180
Deep Cool Z5

Would you change your mind about the noctua if i could get the Cooler Master Seidon 120V tho?

The Noctua is a better cooler. If the site has Noctua case fans too, you might choose to get one instead of the DeepCool. Noctua fans will push more air with less noise. Also, the Noctua cooler will come with a big tube of NT-H1 thermal compound, which is better than Deep Cool Z5, so you don't need to buy that.

Overall the build looks pretty great.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

Okay , i didn't know that they came with a thermal compound.

Sadly the noctua fans are like $14 it won't be able to make it in my budget :(

the i5 6600 and i5 6500 is really bothering me still, is there a huge , noticeable difference? like on FPS?

The difference will be something like 2% between them, and generally people can't perceive a difference of less than 20-30%. The 6600 IS faster, but I'd probably pick the 6500, personally.

It looks like that case already comes with 3x 120mm fans, and the components you have picked don't make much heat, so you probably don't need to buy the DeepCool fans. My case, for instance, only has a single 120mm fan, but everything runs really cool anyway.

If you find you don't like the acoustics of them, Noctua fans are a good replacement; it's very easy to make a high-performance computer almost completely silent with Noctua products.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

Sorry for the late reply...
It's really hot in my country, i mean it does not Snow so heat is a huge problem here also dust mine has 5 Fans and its still struggling to keep the temps under 60 Degrees while on load.