110 Degrees Celsius IDLE. That's just happened

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016
Well, that's just happened. I got around 80-90 degrees if i clean it with compressed can but it keeps heating up. I can't access the fan and the motherboard because of 2 Fu**ing screws who they are LITERALLY glued to the frame.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Are you sure these temperatures are accurate? What are you using to measure the temperatures? And what are your specs? All you've told us is that you have some kind of computer, which is not terribly helpful.

It is very likely that you're going to need to be able to access the cooler, the fan, and the motherboard if there is in fact a problem.

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016

I use HWMonitor to see my CPU Temp which i'm 100% sure is degrees. I'm using a laptop which is a little bit more difficult to access the CPU and possibly replace the thermal paste or clean the fan.

Here are the specs :

A10 - 5750M
Dual graphics Radeon HD 8650G+8760M
12GB Ram DDR3
1TB HDD
17" Monitor (1600*900)

XistenZ

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2014
Is it a laptop? I'm assuming it is since you're talking about glued screws to the motherboard... does the CPU have turbo boost? Sometimes that can get messed up, forcing the CPU to just overload all the time. Go to the powersettings and change the max CPU usage. First try like 50% to see if it makes any difference, then you can probably leave it at 85-90%.

If it's a desktop, then don't care about the motherboard, just remove the heatsink and clean it from thermal paste (and the CPU!), apply new paste and reattach the heatsink.

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016

I have just reseted my Windows which means it doesn't have any kind of turbo or overclocking software. My power settings was already to 85 %. And yes, it's a laptop...

Z3KT0R

Reputable
Feb 23, 2016

Well, it's not very slow. But i can tell the difference between now and when it was cooler.
For the screws, i just can't unscrew them which means i can't have access to the fan, the cpu etc.

NOTE : When i've first bought the laptop, it was already heating up. .-.

TRENDING THREADS