i3 2100 idle at 38 degrees

Alfonso0806

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
As the title suggest, is it okay to idle at that temp? And when im gaming the cpu temp shoots at 54 degrees at games like Witcher 3, DarkSouls 3 and Fallout 4. other games like assassins creed series and resident evil series its max temp is at 48-50. Is this safe temps? BTW im using a Deepcool Maelstrom 120k cooler, liquid cooler.

Solution

If your ambient temp is 33 and you are idling at 38, you have a really great cooling system! I don't think you should worry to get lower, as you are getting only 5°C over ambient, And 54°C is completely sage temp!
You should place the PC where there is better airflow, I don't think that placing in the floor would give you noticeable temp advantages, and sometimes it is worse regarding dust.

Regards.

Alfonso0806

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

can it go any lower? im a bit worried, my ambient temp is around 33 degrees i think? i live in philippines so it get hot sometimes, and ive read that palcing your pc on the floor is cooler than the table?

grmnlxndr

Honorable
May 17, 2012

If your ambient temp is 33 and you are idling at 38, you have a really great cooling system! I don't think you should worry to get lower, as you are getting only 5°C over ambient, And 54°C is completely sage temp!
You should place the PC where there is better airflow, I don't think that placing in the floor would give you noticeable temp advantages, and sometimes it is worse regarding dust.

Regards.

Solution

Alfonso0806

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016

What do you mean by sage temp? i place my pc under my table because i fear that my children will knock it down and crush them. but i didnt notice a drop in temp. So you are saying that my temps while idle is good? And i dont have to worry about dust i clean my place regularly and im in a dust free environment, (living in a condominium). And it has a better airflow.

grmnlxndr

Honorable
May 17, 2012

Typo: safe temp :)
Yes the temps are very good. You don't have to worry ;)

TRENDING THREADS