1066 or 1333 RAM Doesn't recognize in ASRock G41M-S3

MOLESTERMAN69

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I have a ASRock G41M-S3 and on the website it says it is compatible with 800, 1066, and 1333 (OC) speeds of RAM I had a 1600 PNY stick of ram that said it was compatible with 1333 speeds, but the computer fans would just spin and turn on. I also got a 1066 G.Skill 4x2 GB kit that I was sure it would work, but it didnt The fans just spin for a few seconds and just stop (Like the PNY stick.) Only stick that works with the computer is a 1066 1GB stick made by Hynix. I have tried running 1 of the G.Skill sticks with the Hynix. The computer only recognizes the Hynix stick. The BIOS says something about a jumper in order to get 1333 speed ram in the computer. I don't know how to do this. Other than the RAM the Computer works fine and can even load up the Windows boot drive. Please tell me if I need a special type of memory or if there is anything I can do in the BIOS to make the Motherboard notice the memory.

PLEASE HELP

Computer Specs (I don't know if they matter, but just in case)

Intel Xeon X5460 (modded motherboard and CPU to fit it)

ASRock G41M-S3

1 GB of Hynix 1066 memory

WD RE3 500 gb

Antec EarthWatts 380 Watt PSU

MOLESTERMAN69

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

I had saw that, but I do not know how to do this. Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to computers. Do I need a cable or something? I bought the motherboard used that only came with the ram

DCNZ

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
I don't want to make you sound like a complete dumbass, but approximately 10mm away from the RAM, on the mother board, you can see the instructions for the pinout are written with diagrams... And, next to the actual pins, there are also numbers and diagrams, so really, somebody would have to be pretty thick not to understand this. ...no offence... lol