1070 FE Overclock settings

Shcotttty

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
Hey all,

I recently got an EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 and have been running it untouched all week. I am interested it in overclocking it a little bit, but not near the top end. I was wondering what some proper settings would be to do this. I have the EVGA Precision software as well as MSI Afterburner, but I have never really chose settings on my own - I usually copy/paste from someone else. I heard most people saying it can go to around 2100, so I was thinking somewhere around 1800 to start? What would I change the GPU Clock Offset and/or the Mem Clock Offset to, as both are at +0Mhz right now. Is this a good / bad idea? Thanks very much!

Vikerules

Honorable
Feb 28, 2016
get a gpu benchmark program, run it windowed mode and start your trial and error journey. start with a mild overclock others have achieved and go from there, i would also suggest since you run the FE edition that you turn the power target limit and max temp all the way to the max at all times to prevent throttling.

cant really give you any help since i have an msi 1080 and you got a 1070 :/

Here is some info from Guru3d:

Now if you are going to OC in the default manner and thus not with all new curved clock freqeuncy tweaks then your values be something close to this (all based on a founders edition GeForce GTX 1080 card of course):

Core Voltage : +100%
Power Limit : 112 %
Temp. limit : 92C
Core Clock : + 200
Memory Clock : +600
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1070_review,29.html

Solution

NiallHT

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2014

Did you OC? if so what clock speed r u getting i got mine to 2ghz boost (+180 core clock)