My r9 380 will not fit into my Coolermaster 912 HAF

PhantomFuryJP

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015
Hey everyone! Today I was helping my friend new to pc building, build his first pc.
It was going well throughout the entire time, but when I was installing the gpu I ran into trouble. As I was putting thr r9 380 in the pci slot, the back part of the card fit into the slot, but the front part would not go in. After a thorough examination, I realized that it was the metal part above the hdmi, and dvi connectors limiting the gpu from going fully down into the pci slot. This is not from the width of the case, but the metal part. I am wondering if there is a way to fix this other than ripping the metal part blocking it out from the case.
Thank you:)
Joe

Solution
I'm trying to understand what you're saying. The card has a metal bracket that helps hold it in the case, this bracket is the metal that the output ports are in. The card will be 2 slots wide, and so will the bracket. In order to put it in the case, you will need to make sure there are 2 open slots in the case. Depending on the case, often you have to break away the metal from the back of the case to open the slots.
The bracket should be the right length, if there was going to be a problem it would be that it's too long, not too short.
I'm trying to understand what you're saying. The card has a metal bracket that helps hold it in the case, this bracket is the metal that the output ports are in. The card will be 2 slots wide, and so will the bracket. In order to put it in the case, you will need to make sure there are 2 open slots in the case. Depending on the case, often you have to break away the metal from the back of the case to open the slots.
The bracket should be the right length, if there was going to be a problem it would be that it's too long, not too short.

Solution