Will a i5 661 3.33ghz bottleneck a gtx 970

Dzel95

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I'm looking to upgrade my gpu without having to buy a new cpu. if it will bottleneck my gpu any recommendations on what cpu I should get, Im looking to run the newer games on ultra, my current setup runs the witcher 3 on high with about 35-40 fps.

Dzel95

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016

I'm fairly new to pc gaming this being my first real gaming pc. should I go with just getting a new pc? Or should I just upgrade the motherboard? I have a 1000 watt power supply maybe a little overdoing it, I also have 8gb ram, my actual case is pretty large so I'm sure I could fit another nice sized motherboard in there should I just upgrade my motherboard and cpu and continue using this build? or should I just live with what I got and save up for a new build?

Dzel95

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
I want to game in 4k eventually, 1080p will do fine for right now but I'm actually going to start gaming on a 55" 4k samsung curved tv so, I would like to have a beast, but I'm good with taking baby steps to get there, I'm not really trying to dish out alot of cash at once but a few hundred here or there to get me there would be fine. Thanks for the help.