How much can my 8320 be overclocked

Pedro_21

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I have it at 4.2 right now and am wondering how far i can go
Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 612
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

Solution
If your cpu cooler is good enough to keep the FX 8320 cpu cool enough then 4.3 Ghz is going to be the max stable over clock you can get out of a FX 8320 cpu.

The average is from base clock speed yours being at 3.5Ghz if memory serves me right.
Is about 800 Mhz over clock frequency added to the stock setting at 3.5Ghz the chip works at factory default settings.

A small increase of the cpu`s vcore may have to be applied to keep the cpu stable at that frequency.
Where the temps of the cpu may rise so it is important you have a good air cooler or a AIO water cooling loop.

In order to test if the cpu is stable in windows and when put under any kind of cpu load you should run a prime 95 test.
keeping a very close eye on the cpu temps.

A...

You don't have much overhead with an Air Cooler. If you want to OC above stock frequency then AIO water cooling is the way to go. The Max Overclock for your chip will depend also on your Bios configuration and the quality of the IMC on your chip.

i don't think you should go over 4.2, you can have temp issues, that fan is not the best for overclocking, if you upgrade to a better fan then you should be able to push 4.5, but youll need a nice fan. make sure you always watch your temp

If your cpu cooler is good enough to keep the FX 8320 cpu cool enough then 4.3 Ghz is going to be the max stable over clock you can get out of a FX 8320 cpu.

The average is from base clock speed yours being at 3.5Ghz if memory serves me right.
Is about 800 Mhz over clock frequency added to the stock setting at 3.5Ghz the chip works at factory default settings.

A small increase of the cpu`s vcore may have to be applied to keep the cpu stable at that frequency.
Where the temps of the cpu may rise so it is important you have a good air cooler or a AIO water cooling loop.

In order to test if the cpu is stable in windows and when put under any kind of cpu load you should run a prime 95 test.
keeping a very close eye on the cpu temps.

A manual Vcore setting of 1.360v.
Making sure when a prime 95 cpu load test is done the cpu does not reach a max temp of 74c lower is better.

Solution