Solved

Need help with choosing graphics card

Hi.
i need some help with some graphics, i want to upgrade so this is what i have now:
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6800
CPU: AMD FX 8320 eight core 3.50GHz
RAM: 8GB
so i would like to ask for some help on choosing a next grpahics card what will help me run most of the games on full settings, i need something what will be able to run e.g. battlefield 1 on high my budget is around 300 but still can go over a bit, i was thinking of a gtx 1080 but its kinda expensive any ideas?
thank you
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about choosing graphics card
  1. domko98 said:
    Hi.
    i need some help with some graphics, i want to upgrade so this is what i have now:
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6800
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 eight core 3.50GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    so i would like to ask for some help on choosing a next grpahics card what will help me run most of the games on full settings, i need something what will be able to run e.g. battlefield 1 on high my budget is around 300 but still can go over a bit, i was thinking of a gtx 1080 but its kinda expensive any ideas?
    thank you


    your system is not good enough for a 1080


    power supply make and model?
  2. look at the new x480 from amd the 8g cards are 240.00 they give you 980 /980ti speeds.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview
  3. smorizio said:
    look at the new x480 from amd the 8g cards are 240.00 they give you 980 /980ti speeds.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview


    ~gtx 970 speeds


    "the RX 480 lands a couple of percent ahead of NVIDIA’s popular GTX 970"
  4. maxalge said:
    domko98 said:
    Hi.
    i need some help with some graphics, i want to upgrade so this is what i have now:
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6800
    CPU: AMD FX 8320 eight core 3.50GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    so i would like to ask for some help on choosing a next grpahics card what will help me run most of the games on full settings, i need something what will be able to run e.g. battlefield 1 on high my budget is around 300 but still can go over a bit, i was thinking of a gtx 1080 but its kinda expensive any ideas?
    thank you


    your system is not good enough for a 1080


    power supply make and model?


    650W
    not too sure about the make but i think mabe OCZ technology
    im open to suggestions
  5. maxalge said:
    smorizio said:
    look at the new x480 from amd the 8g cards are 240.00 they give you 980 /980ti speeds.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview


    ~gtx 970 speeds


    "the RX 480 lands a couple of percent ahead of NVIDIA’s popular GTX 970"


    so max what do you recommend? GTX 970? and how would do me with game performance?
  6. domko98 said:
    maxalge said:
    smorizio said:
    look at the new x480 from amd the 8g cards are 240.00 they give you 980 /980ti speeds.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview


    ~gtx 970 speeds


    "the RX 480 lands a couple of percent ahead of NVIDIA’s popular GTX 970"


    so max what do you recommend? GTX 970? and how would do me with game performance?


    a gtx 970 will run most games high settings+ 1080p 60 fps

    your cpu will hold it back in some games, but generally a good pairing
  7. maxalge said:
    domko98 said:
    maxalge said:
    smorizio said:
    look at the new x480 from amd the 8g cards are 240.00 they give you 980 /980ti speeds.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/10446/the-amd-radeon-rx-480-preview


    ~gtx 970 speeds


    "the RX 480 lands a couple of percent ahead of NVIDIA’s popular GTX 970"


    so max what do you recommend? GTX 970? and how would do me with game performance?


    a gtx 970 will run most games high settings+ 1080p 60 fps

    your cpu will hold it back in some games, but generally a good pairing


    i thought my CPU was good xD it costed me 150 back when i bought it, so gtx 970 is the best for my choice ? oh and what about gtx 980? is there much difference between 970 and 980
  8. An r9 380/380X would probably work well since the 390/970 will be held back by your CPU
  9. FRIBERG said:
    An r9 380/380X would probably work well since the 390/970 will be held back by your CPU


    xD this does sound good but isnt the 970 stronger?
  10. The 970 is stronger but as I said, it will be held back by your CPU
  11. FRIBERG said:
    The 970 is stronger but as I said, it will be held back by your CPU


    yeah true, okay another question what you think of the AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB Strix Edition Graphics Card
    not to sure just looked at a review and 380 nitro seems stronger then the 390 nitro
  12. Best answer
    @domko98 The 390 is even stronger than the 970 by ~10% or so. I mean you could get the 390 or 970 and wait to upgrade your CPU for later but that would obviously cost more. IMO you should get the 380 or 380x.
  13. thanks a lot everyone this helped me a lot
  14. http://www.pcgamer.com/will-your-cpu-bottleneck-your-graphics-card/2/

    Overclock your cpu or run some tests. Depending on your game and what API you're using you could still benefit from a faster card the GTX 970.
  15. ldlver said:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/will-your-cpu-bottleneck-your-graphics-card/2/

    Overclock your cpu or run some tests. Depending on your game and what API you're using you could still benefit from a faster card the GTX 970.


    i am not too sure what an API is am thinking of getting the nitro r9 390 which is factory overclocked or just the normal r9 390
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Graphics Cards