Fx 6300 overclock on 760g chipset

Sameer25

Reputable
Apr 23, 2015
hi these are my specs:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor (oc 3.9 ghz @ stock voltages)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ( push pull config)
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 285 2GB Dual-X Video Card
oc 1080mhz core, 1500 mhz mem, +20% power (didnt touch voltage)
Case: DIYPC Solo-T1-BK ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (total 7 fans in pc including 2 cooler fans)

hi, i want to overclock my cpu. i currently have my gpu and cpu oc,(cpu at 3.9). my goal to oc my cpu to 4.5ghz but if not i want to do the highest i can. i curently have my cpu at stock voltages and the temp is 45C. i tried to oc my cpu at stock voltages to 4.1 and 4.2ghz but both of those failed. i havent tried 4.0ghz but i pc has never crached at 3.9ghz.

1. can my mobo handle a oc without breaking. i did have a issue with my vrms heating but i fixed that by putting a fan over them and that worked so the vrms arent going to be an issue. so can i increase my voltages

2. can my psu handle it. currently i have a 500W evga psu and have no plan to uprage and soon and i was wondering if my psu can handle a oc up to 4.5ghz at max.
p.s i might getting a gtx 970, depending if my r9 285 sells, so than should take some watts off my psu

3. i read this review on newegg about my mobo and this gave me a bit of confidence
Capture.png

Solution
3.9ghz is LESS than the factory turbo speed of 4.1ghz.

Can I atleast turn the turbo boost to 4.2ghz to simulate a fx 6350

Honestly? Probably not. The FX6350 being a 125w cpu would not even work on that board.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
1. can my mobo handle a oc without breaking. i did have a issue with my vrms heating but i fixed that by putting a fan over them and that worked so the vrms arent going to be an issue. so can i increase my voltages

No. That is one of the worst motherboards AMD has ever made. Do not try to overclock on it. Your FX will throttle hard under load.

2. can my psu handle it. currently i have a 500W evga psu and have no plan to uprage and soon and i was wondering if my psu can handle a oc up to 4.5ghz at max.
p.s i might getting a gtx 970, depending if my r9 285 sells, so than should take some watts off my psu

No. The EVGA 500w is not a very reliable psu, and is not going to last very long with a R9 285 and definitely not with a GTX970.

3. i read this review on newegg about my mobo and this gave me a bit of confidence

I wouldn't trust regular user reviews. Look for professional tech reviews from trusted sites like this one.

TRENDING THREADS