Fx-6300 Black Edition Heating issues

Smulligan

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
I've had issues since the beginning of summer (I live in florida) with my pc randomly crashing/freezing and I had to reset my pc. Now its just starting to shut off on its own. I noticed the heatsink was scalding hot on the processor each time it froze or crashed. It happens anywhere between 30 minutes of startup and 2 hours of gaming. I use compressed air every 2 months or so to clean it all out but I don't know what to do about it now. Could it be a thermal compound poorly applied? (not OC)

Also i downloaded amd overdrive to see temps and it's saying my frequency is bouncing between 3000-4100, multiplier is 19, and thermal margin is bouncing between +5 through -10....

Motherboard is : Biostar TA970
Gpu : Sapphire r7 270
psu : Corsair CX 500

Smulligan

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
How exactly do I check the temps? I thought that had something to do with the thermal margin.. (sorry I'm trying to learn) and unfortunately I dont have another psu lying around. And id love to not waste money and have it not even be the issue. (I'm on my phone now because it happened shortly after posting)

Smulligan

Reputable
Feb 8, 2016
Okay so I've used a new psu. It ran longer. For about an hour and a half or two hours. Then just clicked off again. I have no idea what the issue could be and I really would love to not waste money building a whole new rig.