125 watt CPU in 95 watt mobo?

JavaScriptOG

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Hello all, so as the title says, will 125 watt CPU work good with 95 watt mobo? My mobo recently failed (GA-MA69G-S3H) (No Boot, No POST, No Beeps) and I got to get a new one. I'm not sure which CPU model do I have exactly. It's AMD Athlon 64 X2 (AM2 Socket), that's all I know. It's a 3GHz CPU so I guess it has to be the 6000+ model. As checked on GIGABYTE website, there are 2 types of AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+. There's a 89 watt model and a 125 watt model (according to gigabyte website). And so I don't know which model do I have ( I didn't built it, I bought it second hand). I suspect that the mobo could fail because the CPU could be 125watt and mobo supports up to 95 watt (actually not sure how much it support, I couldnt find any info about TDP for this mobo on gigabyte's website). So the thing is that I got a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (seems like that, that's the only one that has 3GHz speed) but I dont know if it is a 89 watt or a 125 watt and I need to buy a new mobo that support 125 watt I guess but I'm not sure. So here is the real question:

1.Will the 125 watt CPU work with a 95 watt mobo? (If not, could you recommend me a mobo that will work with this CPU? probably will have to be a 125 watt mobo) I've done research on that but its not that easy as this will be my first time changing a mobo. I was looking at BIOSTAR N68S+ Ver. 6.x mobo and the website says it is recommended to use 95 watt CPU.

Thanks in Advance

JavaScriptOG

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Okay so I removed the heat sink, cleaned the CPU and read the code and its the AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 125 watt (According to cpu-world.com). I can't find info about how much watts this mobo can take though (the GA-MA69G-S3H). Somehow the info on gigabyte.com and cpu-world.com wont match. On cpu-world.com, the 89 watt version of this processor has 3.1GHz speed and the processor core is Brisbane. But on gigabyte.com that same processor has speed of 3 GHz, and the processor core is Windsor. I dont know which one is right now. So anyway according to cpu-world I got the 125watt version and here is my next question, could anyone recommend me a motherboard that works with this CPU (socket AM2)?

JavaScriptOG

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
Thank you, I decided to upgrade the PC. I thought about the following setup :

FM2A88X Pro3+ Motherboard
AMD APU A4 6300 FM2

Would that work good? I researched a little and this setup should be fine but I rather someone to confirm that before I buy these.

JavaScriptOG

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
For now I just need this PC to work and I just want to put around €120 to get it working.
My power supply is Thermaltake Thoughpower 750W, the model is PSH 750V.
And yeah I know about the RAM.