R9 380 Not recognized by my computer even after installing latest drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

papercut03

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
Hello, I recently put up this particular build:

CPU: AMD x4 860k
Mobo: f2a78M-D3h Gigabyte
GPU: Asus r9 380 4gb
PSU: Corsair cx 750
RAM: 8GB (brand is not known)

All seems stable; however, it seems like my system does not recognize any driver changes. For instance, I have tried installing my GPU's recent driver, the driver that came from my GPU's CD but my computer still does not recognize my GPU (when I go to device manager, under display adapters, it only shows standard VGA graphics adapter). The only clue that my system is giving me is the message that pops up whenever I open GPU Tweak II which states that "Load Vender.dll Fail Fail (yes it does say both of the word fail) to load dlls. Please install VGA driver". The same also goes with my motherboard's driver.

So far, I have tried doing a clean windows 7 install and updating windows, removing my mobo's battery (as I have bought it as used online), and using the app Display Driver Uninstaller then doing a clean install of all the drivers. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

TLDR: GPU driver/driver changes not recognized by windows 7 even after installing multiple versions of drivers.

Solution
If when fitted to the pci-e card slot on the motherboard.
The card may not be detected by a driver install, or identify the model version of the card.

If there is not enough watts or amps to drive the card from the Power supply unit.
A CX 750 should provide enough power for your system plus the R9 380 card you have installed.

So it suggests you may only have four of the 12v E-atx power pins connected to the motherboard.
When you fit a R9 380 card you must make sure that all eight 12v ATX pins from the power supply are connected to the motherboard. papercut03

Four of the eight pins are used to provide 75w of power to the actual Pci-e card slot of the motherboard.
If not connected any card placed in the slot is not detected.

Make...
If when fitted to the pci-e card slot on the motherboard.
The card may not be detected by a driver install, or identify the model version of the card.

If there is not enough watts or amps to drive the card from the Power supply unit.
A CX 750 should provide enough power for your system plus the R9 380 card you have installed.

So it suggests you may only have four of the 12v E-atx power pins connected to the motherboard.
When you fit a R9 380 card you must make sure that all eight 12v ATX pins from the power supply are connected to the motherboard. papercut03

Four of the eight pins are used to provide 75w of power to the actual Pci-e card slot of the motherboard.
If not connected any card placed in the slot is not detected.

Make sure you have also connected any extra 12v Pci-e power connectors required on the R9 380 card from the power supply also.

Check all of the eight pins have power connected to them from the corsair CX 750 you have in your system.

ATX 12v on your board is found just behind the main I/O on the back of the board to the top right.
Click on the second picture of the board in the small squares.

Look at the picture of the board by clicking on the link bellow papercut03.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4875#ov

If not connected, once you connect it and install the Amd video driver it will detect the card and its GPU model number.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.