Gt 730 on a 250w stock psu without 6 pin pci connecter.

HimanshuSSingh

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
as the tdp of the card is very low so i was thinking to use a 4 pin molex to 6 pin pci adaptor i think the psu should handle the wattage.The cabinet has an intel dg31pr motherboard, intel E5300 processor 2gb ddr2,
320gb hdd.so would the adapter be able to run the gpu as the makers recommend a 300w psu for it & one thing i don't understand what the voltage does here,please tell me an elaborate answer for this.

Solution
It's a 38-49 watt card... you're fine using the molex adapter. I'm not entirely sure about the your PSU generally, but you should fall within the power limit assuming CPU at 65W, drives at 25 watts or so and another 25ish for the chip set. I've done installs of that 730 on every crappy HP and dell out there and it always worked.

Mark RM

Admirable
It's a 38-49 watt card... you're fine using the molex adapter. I'm not entirely sure about the your PSU generally, but you should fall within the power limit assuming CPU at 65W, drives at 25 watts or so and another 25ish for the chip set. I've done installs of that 730 on every crappy HP and dell out there and it always worked.

Solution