Will my 6700 non-k be fine on this board?

Spoe710

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Hello, folks! Thank you for your time and expertise. I have used Tom's Hardware for educational reading for a very long time and have based almost all of my technical decisions from what I have learned here.

I am curious if the non-k i7-6700 will be fine on the Asus z170-e motherboard. Newegg has that board for a good price right now (comparable to any of the H170 boards).

This is all part of a new build (budget of around $1000), featuring the i7-6700, a GTX 970 Nvidia card, and a single 1TB HDD. Nothing fancy, really.

I would get the 6700k but it is somewhat more expensive, and I really want to stay in budget, plus I don't know a lot about cooling those overclocked CPUs anyway (not that I've ever really needed anything like that). I've always just depended on a few fans in the front and one in the back.

Of course, please feel free to offer advice if this entire configuration seems like something an idiot would do. I am a bit of a noob builder (I have built them before, but it's been a very long time).