When/where can I get a 1070 for the 379 dollars it was said to be?

MankDemes

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Am I just crazy, or was the 1070 announced for a 379 price tag? All I can find are prices in the 400s. I want to get my hands on one but considering it was said to be a 379 dollar card and now it's selling for 420$ plus..

Thanks!

Solution
I have heard that they are ramping up supplies of the GTX 1060 prior to release next week. Hopefully they'll be closer to the MSRP. You can check this site for the best chances of finding a card in stock at the lowest possible price.
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
You can't.. Huge Markups always happens with popular cards. Your best bet would be to wait a few months for the prices to settle down. I remember when the AMD R9 280X came out. I tried to order it for black friday but prices were about $100 more. I had to wait about three months to get it.

MankDemes

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

I thought so. Do you think the 1060 will get one too? I was wanting to get a 1060 when it came out but now that I think about the markup I'm not sure.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
Well.. forget Amazon.. they are the markup capital for GPU's. I would keep my eye on places like Newegg and Micro Center... and AVOID all marketplace sellers.. they're the ones who give markup a bad name.

I was thinking about upgrading my aging R9 280X.. but I'll probably just wait until Black Friday since I'm still able to play all my games with decent framerates.. so it's no rush for me.

MankDemes

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015

Yeah I was probably going to look into getting it from Newegg or just Nvidia itself. I'll just wait for the time being I guess :p

I have heard that they are ramping up supplies of the GTX 1060 prior to release next week. Hopefully they'll be closer to the MSRP. You can check this site for the best chances of finding a card in stock at the lowest possible price.
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/

Solution