Should i get the i5-6600, 6500, or 6600k?

Awesomlego

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
I am selecting a cpu for my new build, and am wondering which i5 core to get. The 6500 is comfortably in my budget, the 6600 is and the edge of my budget, and the 6600k is a little outside of my budget, but there's a fifty-fifty chance I'll overclock. This is my first build. It will mainly be a gaming rig, but also for schoolwork. Thanks in advance.

Solution
As Captain stated above, if you do plan to OC, get the K version, also, if you are on a budget the option between to OC or not could also be on the motherboard, do not forget that the chipset needed to Overclock the Skylake Mainstream chip is the Z170, so if you had added any motherboard without it, you could go with the non-k version and it should perform the way it was designed to.

rstoledo

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
As Captain stated above, if you do plan to OC, get the K version, also, if you are on a budget the option between to OC or not could also be on the motherboard, do not forget that the chipset needed to Overclock the Skylake Mainstream chip is the Z170, so if you had added any motherboard without it, you could go with the non-k version and it should perform the way it was designed to.

Solution

Awesomlego

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016

How many fps do you think in Battlefiled Hardline?