i5 4670 turbo boost?

superh1994

Commendable
May 26, 2016
I've had this CPU fora bout 3 years now, and never done anything with it. Obviously it cannot be overclocked, but i read somewhere that there is a turbo function to take it from 3.4ghz to 3.8.

I'm using the stock cooler, and have been having issue with temps. When idle it sits around 40-55. When gaming sometimes closer to 70c.

will the turbo boost be a good idea with the stock cooler? Will it damage the life of the cpu at all?

Solution
Turbo boost is an automatic function that happens when needed as long as temps are fine. It will in no way damage the life of the cpu, and the stock cooler is perfectly fine. I assure you that the turbo feature has nothing to do with your temp issues.

Do you have adequate airflow inside your case? Are there any obstructions inside preventing airflow? Are you certain that the heatsink is installed correctly?

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
Turbo boost is an automatic function that happens when needed as long as temps are fine. It will in no way damage the life of the cpu, and the stock cooler is perfectly fine. I assure you that the turbo feature has nothing to do with your temp issues.

Do you have adequate airflow inside your case? Are there any obstructions inside preventing airflow? Are you certain that the heatsink is installed correctly?

Solution

superh1994

Commendable
May 26, 2016

Airflow is good, just tidied up the cables. re-applied thermal paste and cleaned dust. Seems to be running a lot cooler today. After i had just applied the paste, it still ran hot. Perhaps it needed to settle in.