i7 4770 gtx 760 overheat

G

why does my i7 4770 and gtx 760 overheat so much up to 80c+ ? i played battlefield 3 and arma 3 why does it get so hot? my previous build amd fx 8350 r9 270x only gets to around 60c this build is less. why does my i7 4770 and gtx 760 overheat so much?

Solution
AMD CPUs have a lower thermal margin than Intel CPUs do. Typically people don't overclock on AMD past the 60-65C mark, Intels thermal margin for overclocking typically extends into the ~85C range.

As for the GPU (and I suppose the CPU) it depends entirely on what cooler is being used. If you're using something like an ASUS Strix cooler, I could see it being in the 60s. If you're using a reference blower cooler, I could see it being in the 80s. Aftermarket coolers from different companies vary from being an ASUS Turbo blower cooler to something like a Zotac GTX 1070 AMP. The cooling difference between the two of those is going to be massive.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Are we dealing with the specs listed in your sig space? If so please post your full system's specs in your follow up post so as to aid the rest of the community. Sig spaces tend to change over time and this thread will become irrelevant once said signature changes. You also don't have your chassis and the make and model of your PSU stated.

2| Are you on the stock cooler or an aftermarket cooler?

3| What temperature monitoring tool are you using?

4| I would question your word about the FX processor being that low in terms of temps since that CPU can hit higher than that!

genthug

Honorable
AMD CPUs have a lower thermal margin than Intel CPUs do. Typically people don't overclock on AMD past the 60-65C mark, Intels thermal margin for overclocking typically extends into the ~85C range.

As for the GPU (and I suppose the CPU) it depends entirely on what cooler is being used. If you're using something like an ASUS Strix cooler, I could see it being in the 60s. If you're using a reference blower cooler, I could see it being in the 80s. Aftermarket coolers from different companies vary from being an ASUS Turbo blower cooler to something like a Zotac GTX 1070 AMP. The cooling difference between the two of those is going to be massive.

Solution