Solved

Building a gaming computer but need to be absolutely certain the components fit, please tell me if this build will work

Last week I posted a thread asking people for help in picking out components to build my own gaming PC. One person was kind enough to look at the parts I chose on 'pcpartchecker.com' and link me to a much more balanced build than what I had before. However, I want to know with complete confidence that the tower going to be big enough for these parts before I make the purchase (seeing as how this is going set me back over $900). Please take a look at the build and tell me if there are any problems whatsoever, everything needs to fit.http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sp94qk
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building gaming computer absolutely components fit build work
  1. Yes everything will fit. You just need a more powerful psu. 450w would work, but the SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze is the cheapest GOOD psu @ $59
  2. CTurbo said:
    Yes everything will fit. You just need a more powerful psu. 450w would work, but the SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze is the cheapest GOOD psu @ $59


    Thank you so very much for the response. I upgraded the PSU and just about ready to buy the parts. One last thing: This is my very first time building my own computer and I am wondering if you know of any good guides that could help me assemble this thing.
  3. newegg has a couple of "how to build a pc" videos that are pretty good.
  4. Best answer
    Terra Forma said:

    Thank you so very much for the response. I upgraded the PSU and just about ready to buy the parts. One last thing: This is my very first time building my own computer and I am wondering if you know of any good guides that could help me assemble this thing.


    Don't build your PC on the carpet. :pt1cable:
    Ground yourself ;)
    HAVE FUN! :D
  5. CTurbo said:
    newegg has a couple of "how to build a pc" videos that are pretty good.


    Thanks. I will definitely check those out.
  6. Thanks everyone. This site is fantastic.
  7. Just to expand on Cturbo answer, the 350W S12II in addition to being too low wattage for your system, also has only one cable with 3xSATA connectors on it, which mean if you had gone with that, you would have to dangle the Seagate HDD together with the DVDRW on the top 5.25" bay rather than where it's suppose to be down at the 3.5/2.5" bay.

    Something that could be avoid by choosing any other versions from the S12II line.
    - The 430W is the minimum wattage that would work for your system.
    - The 520W is should give it more breathing room.
    - The 620W in addition to open up even more possible future upgrade would also allow you to utilize all 4xHDD/SSD trays of the SPEC01 with one of its SATA cables should you ever decide to expand that far (as the other cable would be use to power your DVDRW drive, although at that point you would have to be using 4xHDD/SSD which is not something a lot of people would need but it's a benefit that's there for you to consider before putting down the $).
  8. FD2Raptor said:
    Just to expand on Cturbo answer, the 350W S12II in addition to being too low wattage for your system, also has only one cable with 3xSATA connectors on it, which mean if you had gone with that, you would have to dangle the Seagate HDD together with the DVDRW on the top 5.25" bay rather than where it's suppose to be down at the 3.5/2.5" bay.

    Something that could be avoid by choosing any other versions from the S12II line.
    - The 430W is the minimum wattage that would work for your system.
    - The 520W is should give it more breathing room.
    - The 620W in addition to open up even more possible future upgrade would also allow you to utilize all 4xHDD/SSD trays of the SPEC01 with one of its SATA cables should you ever decide to expand that far (as the other cable would be use to power your DVDRW drive, although at that point you would have to be using 4xHDD/SSD which is not something a lot of people would need but it's a benefit that's there for you to consider before putting down the $).


    Do you think I'll need a cooler too?
  9. Terra Forma said:
    FD2Raptor said:
    Just to expand on Cturbo answer, the 350W S12II in addition to being too low wattage for your system, also has only one cable with 3xSATA connectors on it, which mean if you had gone with that, you would have to dangle the Seagate HDD together with the DVDRW on the top 5.25" bay rather than where it's suppose to be down at the 3.5/2.5" bay.

    Something that could be avoid by choosing any other versions from the S12II line.
    - The 430W is the minimum wattage that would work for your system.
    - The 520W is should give it more breathing room.
    - The 620W in addition to open up even more possible future upgrade would also allow you to utilize all 4xHDD/SSD trays of the SPEC01 with one of its SATA cables should you ever decide to expand that far (as the other cable would be use to power your DVDRW drive, although at that point you would have to be using 4xHDD/SSD which is not something a lot of people would need but it's a benefit that's there for you to consider before putting down the $).


    Do you think I'll need a cooler too?


    For your build, the question would be whether you want an aftermarket cooler, not whether you need one, i.e whether you live in a hot area (35+ Celsius) or want something quieter than the stock cooler.

    Unless you intend to stress all cores to 100% all day every day for an extended period, then the answer become yes; you'd need an aftermarket cooler, and maybe some extra case fans for this situation.


  10. For your build, the question would be whether you want an aftermarket cooler, not whether you need one, i.e whether you live in a hot area (35+ Celsius) or want something quieter than the stock cooler.

    Unless you intend to stress all cores to 100% all day every day for an extended period, then the answer become yes; you'd need an aftermarket cooler, and maybe some extra case fans for this situation.

    I decided to go with the Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler. Do you think this is good enough? I live in upstate New York.
  11. Terra Forma said:
    Last week I posted a thread asking people for help in picking out components to build my own gaming PC. One person was kind enough to look at the parts I chose on 'pcpartchecker.com' and link me to a much more balanced build than what I had before. However, I want to know with complete confidence that the tower going to be big enough for these parts before I make the purchase (seeing as how this is going set me back over $900). Please take a look at the build and tell me if there are any problems whatsoever, everything needs to fit.http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sp94qk


    wooo!!!! hold on man!!! dont ever check out!!! get a used gtx 970 !! for only $210! it is 50% faster than gtx 960!
    http://
    it is super not worth it to buy 960 right now, first it is a shitty card, and bad value for the money, sec you have so many new video cards released recently. GTX 1060 $250 and RX 480 $200, well but they are out of stocks every sec. But just pick up a 970! it is great card for 1080P 60FPS ultra!

    For power supply i recommend Sentey 725W PSU.. It is a 725W PSU for only $45! thats dirt cheap!
    http://

    and for motherboard http://

    Since you can't overclock you cpu... so just go for a board as cheap as possible!
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming PCs Computers Build Components