Solved

HP compaq 8000 elite SFF graphics card and ram upgrade

The power supply only has 240w and i found out you cant upgrade it, so could i get 16gb ddr3 ram and a GT 730??
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about compaq 8000 elite sff graphics card ram upgrade
  1. Best answer
    Should be fine the most a GT 730 can pull is 49w.
  2. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Should be fine the most a GT 730 can pull is 49w.


    alright, thanks
  3. john378 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Should be fine the most a GT 730 can pull is 49w.


    alright, thanks


    Is there any update on this? I have the same model and I would like to get the GT 730 for it.
  4. benchorg said:
    john378 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Should be fine the most a GT 730 can pull is 49w.


    alright, thanks


    Is there any update on this? I have the same model and I would like to get the GT 730 for it.


    I have put a EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 64bit in a Hp Compaq 6000 pro SFF and it works really good, it is the best I know will work on a 240 watt PSU
    and you can get that one for about $50.00 hope this helps you
  5. JeffHook5889999 said:
    benchorg said:
    john378 said:
    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Should be fine the most a GT 730 can pull is 49w.


    alright, thanks


    Is there any update on this? I have the same model and I would like to get the GT 730 for it.


    I have put a EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB GDDR5 64bit in a Hp Compaq 6000 pro SFF and it works really good, it is the best I know will work on a 240 watt PSU
    and you can get that one for about $50.00 hope this helps you


    Thanks Jeff. Yea, I've found a couple of benchmarkings on YouTube with this PC and the GTX 730, so this should be the one I'd get.

    Also, these greek retailers are selling them in a bundle http://pclove.gr/HP-8000-c2q-q9505-elite-GT730-win10 so I guess this must work.
  6. I have an HP Elite 8000 working with 8GB Ram & Windows 10 64 Bit.

    Will GT 730 work with it ?
    How is it performing on your machine?
    Is there any other card you have opted for?

    Your Help will be appreciated.
  7. I have an HP Elite 8000 working with 8GB Ram & Windows 10 64 Bit.

    Will GT 730 work with it ?

    How is it performing on your machine?
    Is there any other card you had opted for?

    Your Help will be appreciated.
  8. I changed the 730 for a GTX 750 ti, working like a charm.

    Now I think I'll try with a 1050.
  9. I've seen 1030's pull well in these machines. If you can get a 750Ti in one then you can get a 1050/1050ti In one hopefully. Those 730's I'm not sure about but the best option is the 750ti or even better, a 1050ti
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies RAM Hewlett Packard