RX 480 bottleneck

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013
is my current system enough to not bottleneck an rx 480?
specs
i5 3330 @3Ghz
8gb ddr3 ram
500Gb HDD WD green
PSU 400w dany ( i would have to use a dual molex adaptor cable because no spare six pin)
will it bottleneck? and also is the adaptor cable an ok choice?

Solution
It's going to depend on the game. Some won't show any problems at all. Others will be slower, how much I'm not sure. You should be as good as the 83xx CPUs from AMD, if not more. I wouldn't worry about the PSU then the CPU.

4745454b

Titan
Agreed. Before you do anything you need a new PSU. I always suggest NEVER using power adapters. You are basically forcing a PSU to do something the manufacturers never intended it to do. Never a good idea.

You sort of need a new system. PSU for sure, the CPU is ok. 8GBs of ram is ok as well, but the green drive should probably go as well. Depending on what your GPU is I'd upgrade the PSU and then HDD before worrying about the GPU/CPU.

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013

the thing is i have an insanely tight budget , i barely managed to afford the rx 480...are you absolutely sure i need a new psu?
http://www.popalz.com.pk/listing/13953-dany-power-max-400-watt-for-sale-
this is my exact one

pooeyman

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2013

so what kind of bottleneck would it be? like witcher in benchmark rigs is around 60 fps 1080p avg how much can i expect witg this exact rig and a supported psu?

TRENDING THREADS