Reputable
Jun 15, 2016
Is 550 watts enough for this rig?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 103
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H-GSM Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
GPU: Planning to buy either a rx 480 or gtx 1060

EDIT:- I have already bought an Corsair VS Series VS550 - 550 Watt SMPS.I know its not that gud of a psu,but is it an utter failure of a psu and should I need to buy another one anyhow?

Thanks in advance:)

Solution
^That tier list is old now.

Any good 550w power supply can power any system with a single graphics card. As you have already bought it, you should be fine.

Don't feel bad, but VS and CX series is the lowest quality from corsair. Uses low quality components like cheap capacitors. You can get way better quality psu for the same price. But as you already have it, no problem. It will run your system. It is just not reliable like the quality power supplies.

00anshu00

Reputable
Jun 15, 2016

Actually I have bought a Corsair VS Series VS550 - 550 Watt SMPS.I know its not that good of a psu but it was in my budget.Just want to know if is this a very very bad decision or should I replace it with somethin else?

Inkiad

Distinguished
^That tier list is old now.

Any good 550w power supply can power any system with a single graphics card. As you have already bought it, you should be fine.

Don't feel bad, but VS and CX series is the lowest quality from corsair. Uses low quality components like cheap capacitors. You can get way better quality psu for the same price. But as you already have it, no problem. It will run your system. It is just not reliable like the quality power supplies.

Solution

00anshu00

Reputable
Jun 15, 2016
So I was worrying too much ,replaced my corsair with Antec VP550P 550 Watts PSU.Not the best solution,but it has better reviews than Corsair one.psu's are costly and limited in variety here in India,also I could not find a better alternative at that time.Lesson learnt-Don't cheap out on psu and check 10 times for a better one if available.