Best $800 Full Gaming Setup Build (Including Monitor, KBM, OS, OD, and PC)

SamHam

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
I'm looking to build the best gaming configuration for around $800. The build needs to include the PC itself, monitor, keyboard & mouse, operating system, optical drive, and a wired ethernet cable.

I want to be able to play all the latest games at high - ultra settings at 1080p 60fps. I also want this PC to be able to surf the web very easily for school and stuff. I also want this build to last at least a year or two without having to upgrade it.

Extra info:

*I plan to play games such as Arma 3, Battlefield 1 @ 4, Insurgency, Grand Theft Auto 5, Garry's Mod, ARK, Fallout 4, The Witcher 3, Rust, 7 Days To Die, Dark Souls 3, Indie Games, ETC.

*The internet modem is in my room, a 10 foot ethernet cable should be enough.

This is the build that I have in mind.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/2yvf9W

Tell me what you think down below and make sure to give any changes and/or recommendations to improve my configuration. Thanks in advance! :D

Solution
It will work. Probably over-spending a little on the PSU, but quality there is a very good idea for longevity and stability.

If you could save up even a little more though, you could make some decent improvements such as an i5 or a more feature rich motherboard.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It will work. Probably over-spending a little on the PSU, but quality there is a very good idea for longevity and stability.

If you could save up even a little more though, you could make some decent improvements such as an i5 or a more feature rich motherboard.

Solution

Zahid Shabir

Reputable
Apr 5, 2015

if you have a trashy PC which you plan to throw away which is installed with win 7 or later clone your OS and upgrade to win 10 before 29th july if you can to save money on the OS then you can spend more on the GPU or CPU or get an SSD or something

OC ASSassIN

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
If your leaning toward GTX 1060/1070...

As of 8/5/16 Best money spent is building an i3 6100 OC 4.6ghz($99), z170m extreme4($89), ddr4 3200 8gb ram($39),EVGA 600w psu($39), matx case(,$39), windows 7 key($20), 2Tb HDD($29),212 Evo cpu Cooler(air) = $354 Total NewEgg

Now you need a GPU: GTX 1060 6Gb $279 newegg or GTX 1070 8gb(Sli capable) $399 NewEgg

This is a Overclocking setup,you can run absolutely any game right off the rip,you can Overclock the i3 6100(non-K) Skylake up to 4.6 on air...yes nonK cpu canoverclock still(bios)(SkyOC)....this leaves you for option to upgrade to Skylake 6600/6700 anytime in the future when you have the $$$ and you can sell your i3 for $89 on Ebay/Amazon.

You can also Overclock your GTX 1060/1070 right off the rip w/ Msi Afterburner w/ stock fans/setup...2200gHz+ easily

Last the 2x4gb sticks ddr4 3200 you can Overclock in Asrock UEFI(Easter Egg) from 2133mhz up to 3200mhz+(3.4mhz even) easily

Anybody w/ youtube and a keyboard can easily find a Video how-to on all of this and its easy enough for even the newest of owners/builders...

This gets you foot in the door w/ latest 6th gen Skylake cpu,Overclocking z170 Sli mobo,OC ddr4 ram,OC GTX GPU w/ all the option to go BIG when you can afford it...if your broke,buy it one piece at a time as you have the $ and you'll have something you built yourself that will blaze anything you throw at it and usually on Nightmare settings :)

***Today NewEgg has $15 of $200 visa checkout...split the order up in 3-4 orders and use that 3-4 times...Save $45-$60 on the total ***

OC ASSassIN

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Just make up a Cart on NewEgg and line up all your rebates,check daily for an openbox on any of your cart items ,as they pop up price slashed,order them one at a time if you have to,and you can easily save $10-$50+ per component if you are patient and put the work in...and after you order,email them immediatelly and say you found cheaper and they will gladly start throwing giftcards at you before your package even arrives...This works for anybody,building anything..yes its common sense but not everybody thinks about things like this...every little bit helps,you can save enough on a 6th gen OC' build to pay for your GTX 1060 if your patient enough