rx 480 or gtx 960

ayushrustagi

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
Should i buy rx 480 or gtx 960 to play on 720p..i want to play at ultra be future proof for 3-4 years and i may be upgrade to 1080p after few months?

Solution
In my opinion.

If you have a limited budget you may want to save up your money to replace the motherboard and CPU and the GPU. The RX 480 will bottleneck on any newer game with that setup. If your funds will be limited for a while going with a 3rd gen cpu upgrade as Hlsgsz reccomended is the way to go.

You can, but it will be bottlenecked. What are your specs? Maybe we can suggest a better upgrade path.

Wanting adn affording are different things. Buying non-k CPUs second hand is safe as they weren't overclocked and are basically built to last forever. If you want the best results now, go wiht what i suggested + RX 480.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
In my opinion.

If you have a limited budget you may want to save up your money to replace the motherboard and CPU and the GPU. The RX 480 will bottleneck on any newer game with that setup. If your funds will be limited for a while going with a 3rd gen cpu upgrade as Hlsgsz reccomended is the way to go.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS