Is an i7-6700 compatible with a DDR4-3466 Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB?

Slapzilla

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
I see lots of post with the question of is it compatible with a 3200 or lower. Since the i7 is only compatible up to 2133. I am creating a build for my school and pcpartpicker.com said they were compatible. After further review I see that it might not be. I have already started my project and figured I'd ask since I cannot find an answer anywhere.

Solution
If the board can support those rams you should be able to go to DDR4 3466MHz without overclocking your processor but the perquisite here is that you have a Z170 board to go along that high frequency ram kit. I'd first start off running the ram in it's default state, update the BIOS if there are any pending and then dial in X.M.P and see if the memory kicks in on that frequency.

Can you please pass on your full system's specs?

For reference's sake.

Lutfij

Titan
If the board can support those rams you should be able to go to DDR4 3466MHz without overclocking your processor but the perquisite here is that you have a Z170 board to go along that high frequency ram kit. I'd first start off running the ram in it's default state, update the BIOS if there are any pending and then dial in X.M.P and see if the memory kicks in on that frequency.

Can you please pass on your full system's specs?

For reference's sake.

Solution
Core i7-6700K features Unlocked Multiplier for Overclocking. The "k" models specific processor features: Unlocked clock multiplier allows easy overclocking.

A non-K model CPU would not use DDR4-3466 MHz memory as that type of memory is for extreme overclocking.