will fx 8320 running at 4.5 ghz beat i3 6320 stock at gaming

Solution

in my opinion the 6th Gen i3 CPU's are by far the biggest success from the Skylake launch the I3-6100 and the i3-6320 are fantastic CPU's and are running games like GTA V fantastically for how cheap they are.

ShadowPrimeOne

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
In multi threaded games (which are most games these days) yes, but there are a few games which don't use more than 2 core, in those the i3 is slightly more powerful. If you want the cpu for gaming go for the FX8320 especially that in the future more games will make use of more threads.

Hawkshot

Admirable

wouldn't disagree with this more if I tried, the FX series is dead and is 4 years old already, as far as games that use 4 cores go like GTA V and the Assassins creed games don't run too much better on the FX-8320 than they do on the I3-6320, also when it comes to single tread reliant games the i3 wipes the floor with the FX and the most played games in the world fall under the single tread reliant category such as Lol, Dota, and WOW these games will run so much better on the I3. Also the I3-6320 is a newish cpu and will also allow you to buy a newer motherboard and DDR4 ram so you have upgradeability there where you don't with the FX.

Below is a youtube Benchmark just to prove my point the i3-6320 preforms better on most of the highest CPU demanding games even if the FX wins its only by a couple of fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFRquZP7h_8

ShadowPrimeOne

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015

I agree that the single thread performance is higher in the i3 but it's still a dual core cpu. Even with hyper-threading performance in in multi thread application will reach it's limit. I know the pain of an i3 for gaming and i would not recommended it. Plus Dota 2 and WOW do a much better job now with multiple cores, not sure about LOL.

Hawkshot

Admirable

watch the video I posted this will prove my point, it leaves no argument as there is no real debate to be had the I3-6320 is the better choice for multiple games and general usage .as far as lol goes I can say that going from my old fx-8350 to and I5-6600k my fps went from 80fps on the FX all the way upto 400fps with the i5-6600k. lol, dota and wow all rely mainly on single core processing power in which the i3 is ahead the i3 also pulls more fps than the fx does in most AAA games.

ALiy42

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016
From my personal experience ( I am using fx6300) I think you should wait/maybe save up to get a i5 6th Gen. I have no idea how well an i3 6th Gen will work and I really do not want too cause I think i3 is waste of money (as its targeted to home computing, rather then gaming). fx series are getting old and AMD will most probably be bringing something new soon . Investing in either CPUs is a bad choice.

Hawkshot

Admirable

in my opinion the 6th Gen i3 CPU's are by far the biggest success from the Skylake launch the I3-6100 and the i3-6320 are fantastic CPU's and are running games like GTA V fantastically for how cheap they are.

Solution

ALiy42

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016

Emmm 80FPS ? no offence dude but were you using maybe a GT220 or some low end card? I get a healthy 100+ FPS and I have a fx6300.

ALiy42

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016

ok :)

Hawkshot

Admirable

nope just a meh motherboard honestly, I use an R9 290x as my GPU and I turn everything all the way up on league and didn't overclock my FX-8350 due to the bad motherboard I had at the time :)

ALiy42

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016

blame the motherboard then :p.