RX 480 Temperatures

Shape10

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Hello! Just finished my first pc build, and I started to play some games that got me a bit worried about my card temperatures. So, I was playing The Witcher 3 with everything maxed out, except hairworks and I got 81c average temp, so I decided to ramp up the fans target rpm in Wattman to about 3300 and that kept the game always under 77c but now it is kinda noisy. I really don't mind the noise as long as it keeps the card safe but I fear that the fan will wear out, and I don't plan on spending more money any time soon. I'd like it to last me at least 2-3 years

The RX 480 is reference and is not overclocked.

Solution
Reference coolers are hot and loud. That's pretty much all there is to it. How is the general airflow inside your case?

I wouldn't worry much about it wearing out, I had a reference 8800GT that I ran at very high fan speeds for 3 years without any issues. I still have it and last i checked it still ran fine.
Reference coolers are hot and loud. That's pretty much all there is to it. How is the general airflow inside your case?

I wouldn't worry much about it wearing out, I had a reference 8800GT that I ran at very high fan speeds for 3 years without any issues. I still have it and last i checked it still ran fine.

Solution