Will my FX 6300 bottleneck my GTX 1060?

Coconut1

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
Hi, the title says it all. I made the mistake of buying an fx 6300 with my 1060, i currently have no money and i'm asking if i will be able to run games on low-medium resolution with consistent 60 fps unil I can buy an i5 intel, should i overclock it to get the best performance out of it? Also i'm planning on getting overwatch so will i be able to play it on low with 60 fps consistent?

assuming you are using 1080p monitor, you will be able to play on highest settings.
You'd be better to overclock your FX 6300, so it will not really limit the GTX 1060 performance.
You don't really need to hurry with changing the CPU. This combination is fairly balanced.

Coconut1

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

I play overwatch and planning on getting gta v and probably dota 2, but all i care about is overwatch for now, will i be able to play it with medium to high settings with consistent 60 fps?

Coconut1

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
I can't seem to see my FX-6300 with them but i guess it's similar to the 6500ish one, but yeah I only care about the min fps because i'm using a 60hz monitor, as long as it doesnt go down below 60 i'm fine. also By the time i get gta i'll have an intel i5, it would probably take me some time to save up for a new intel i5 considering i need a new motherboard and ram. thanks for the response everyone.