FX 8320 or FX 8350

Berkin

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
I am about to get a CPU and it has to be an AMD one since I cant afford anything else than a CPU right now. Should I pay extra 16 euros for 8350 instead of getting a 8320. I don't plan on overclocking eventhough I will be using a hyper 212 evo, my case is horrible for any air cirtulation at all.

What is your current cpu and what do you use the pc for?
FX-8320 has a passmark rating of 8018 and a single thread rating of 1396.
The FX-8350 has a passmark rating of 8949 and a single thread rating of 1504.
Either can be overclocked to about the same level.

If your use is gaming, the single thread rating is what matters most.

If, for example you are upgrading from a FX-6300, the passmark rating is 6344 and the single thread rating is 1408.
Neither is going to be a worthwhile upgrade for gaming.
Few games can make use of more than 2-3 cores.

Berkin

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
So funny story actually, first when I pulled the cooler after letting it loose, CPU came with it from the locked socket. And I tried to heat it up, put it in isopropyl alcohol, put dental floss in between, tried to wiggle it. Nothing worked at all, and some pins got bent aswell. Then I fixed the pins and tried to put it back in but I couldn't wihout removing everything from the case. And when I did, it still didn't go in properly so I just got frustrated and declared it dead. Then I had my fun with splitting the CPU in half. People in AMD really should find a better solution for glueing the 2 parts together. Anyway, should I also get a thermal paste or is Hyper 212 EVO's fine?

For future reference,
The trick to removing a cpu cooler is to run the cpu a bit to heat it up and soften the thermal paste.

Most paste does the job, you do not need more.

Latest posts