Rx 480 display port stopped working after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

digihex

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I recently bought a rc 480 8gb ver. from MSI and I am having issues with the display port. Everything was working fine on the first couple of days i got this but I had issues upgrading to the new software 16.7.3. The software kept crashing on installation of "HDMI audio".

I eventually ended up having to force install through the .ini file form the extracted files in my main drive because doing a complete uninstall of all amd hardware was not working. The only reason I was even trying to install the new software was for the compatibility mode. Before anyone says anything about me force installing that software would have worked regardless it is the exact software that is 'listed for the rx 480 and I read here that amd messed up the files for the recent update preventing it from updating: https://community.amd.com/thread/202351

When my computer fully restarted I got a dark blue screen (NOT A BSOD) before my bios loaded and my main monitor said "DISPLAY PORT NO SIGNAL". I have tested it out and my main monitor does work with HDMI when I plug it in but display port refuses to work. I do not have a extra display port cord to even test if its the cord but I am gonna assume its that and not the gpu considering the fact that windows instantly recognizes when its plugged in and activates double monitors. It just refuses to show any picture.

If it isn't the cord is there any test I can do right now to test the gpu for issues? No stores near me carry display port cords and I would need to buy it online. THis could also be a software issue since it happened right after I installed new drivers.

--------------------------
System specs:
RAM: 8 g ddr3
Harddrive 1: 250 gb corsoair gt
Harddrive 2: 1 tb harddrive
850 watt psu
GPU: rx 480 8gb msi
MOBO: gigabyte

monitors:
asus vg248qe 144 hz monitor
acer 1080 21.5 monitor

Solution
OMFG I'VE FIXED IT!!!

If anyone else has this issue unplug the cord from both monitors and power cycle the monitor with the issue and that should fix it.

digihex

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
OMFG I'VE FIXED IT!!!

If anyone else has this issue unplug the cord from both monitors and power cycle the monitor with the issue and that should fix it.

Solution

Frederic_10

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
please explain !! i have exact same issue and i have bought new cord and still have the displayport no signal on my monitor!

please explain your solution i have tried multiple things

Frederic_10

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016

please explain !! i have exact same issue and i have bought new cord and still have the displayport no signal on my monitor!

please explain your solution i have tried multiple thingsµ

omg got it working somehow lol

Status
Not open for further replies.