750 Watt power supply

Ravi_Singh1900

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Hi,

I am going for a 700-750 Watt power supply.

1. Will it be enough for i7 6700 with overclocks and 2x 970 (sli)?
2. Which is the best among these options:
Antec edg 750 watt, Corsair RM 750 and Antec VP700p? I am kind of leaning toward Antec VP700P due to bargain price. But I exactly dont know how good the RM 750 and EDG 750 are compared.

Antec VP is cheapest (dirt cheap) but only 2 years warranty and I dont know how good it will be for overclocking. Techpowerup has praised VP550p for its power delivery.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/VP550P/

I would appreciate if anyone can shed light on this?

Antec Edg is a bit costlier but I am sure its quite good and this one comes with 5 year warranty here.

Rm 750 is quite costlier (20%) than Antec Edg in my country.

Evga 750 G2 is available here but its kind of 2 times the cost of RM 750 here. No point of buying that I can get a Corsair AX1000i cheaper than that.

Solution
D
Probably a little better than the Edge. But the Edge is very good and I would not hesitate to use it in a high end build. The RMx also has a 10 year warranty. I'm not sure if that's true worldwide or not though.
D

Deleted member 217926

The Antec Edge is based on the Seasonic G platform and is excellent. The Corsair RM ( not RMx or RMi ) had problems with the early 750w and 850w models. There was a later switch of OEMs that corrected the problems but without knowing an exact model number there's no way to tell which unit you would get. The Antec VP is a decent older platform that's not even 80 Plus certified. I wouldn't use it in this case.

And yes a good 750w unit is fine for 2 x 970s and overclocking.

Samer1970

Admirable
BANNED

The Edge is also good nothing will go wrong if you want to save money.

D

Deleted member 217926

Probably a little better than the Edge. But the Edge is very good and I would not hesitate to use it in a high end build. The RMx also has a 10 year warranty. I'm not sure if that's true worldwide or not though.

Solution

Ravi_Singh1900

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
I think I will go with Corsair RM750x it has 10 year warranty here also. Altough edge is good. But performance of RM750x insane! I just checked voltage ripple, its second only to the EVGA 750 G2.

Although its costliest of the bunch i think the 10 year warranty and the superb voltage ripple still makes it a dela.