802.11n Range & Speed help

Larry_06

Honorable
Aug 8, 2016
Hi,
As you might know i have a 802.11n wireless LAN card and I've noticed that my WIFI speed to my computer is slower than on any other device. I checked the driver and it says it up to date so Im pretty stuck on what the issue might be. Also my computer is only a room away from the modem and I only have 1 bar of internet showing.
Any advice/help would be great

1 bar is why it's slower than any other device. You either have interference in the area, or your wall construction is blocking the signal. It happens, my old place would not run WiFi properly even a wall from the router, I would have 2-3 bars of 5 with drops in connections in a room, I'd walk to the doorway and hit full strength signal.

Test the computer in the same room as the router, see how that connects.

Larry_06

Honorable
Aug 8, 2016

Well thats where Im stuck because just recently (about a week) the signal has gotten weaker. Normally I have full bars and high speeds. I just got a new modem about 2 days ago and the speeds went up on all my devices except my computer. I can run a speed test on my phone from the same room as the computer and the test will be completly different. Using Ookal speed test app on my phone I get about 50 down and 10 up. But on my computer I only get around 5 down and 8 up. Keep in mind the test is done in the same room but my phone also has full bars of wifi while my computer only has 1.