1070 FTW high idle temp and memory clock low

jon son

Commendable
May 7, 2016
My 1070 FTW idles at about 60-62 degrees Celsius and my room temps are cool around 68 degrees Fahrenheit .My pc has plenty of air . my last card 970 ssc idle temp was around 50 degrees Celsius and the fan never ran unless gaming. the new card the fans are running around 150-300 rpm most of the time.

This is the same with or without precision running with auto fan highlighted.
While gaming Fallout 4 1080p ultra it gets about 72-78 degrees Celsius.

I thought these were supossed to run cooler
Cpu idle temps around 35 degrees Celsius.
Precision also says memory clock 4006 MHZ and i thought it was supposed to be 8000 MHZ

Should i send it back?

Thanks

Solution
Looks like a bad cooler, if you send it back they will just put in a new one. That is the right memory clock, all types of ddr memory will only show memory clock at half since ddr is double data rate.

Jasjar

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
Looks like a bad cooler, if you send it back they will just put in a new one. That is the right memory clock, all types of ddr memory will only show memory clock at half since ddr is double data rate.

Solution

jon son

Commendable
May 7, 2016
found out what was wrong it was the setting in nvidia control panel "power management control" was set to optimal i switched it to adaptive then rebooted and now i am idling around 39 degrees.

i noticed my gpu clock was staying at 1607 mhz at idle now it stays at 253 mhz at idle.

Thanks for the info about ddr memoryim going to pick you as my solution cause your the only one that responded