R9 390 went dark after cmd catalyst was uninstalled

Anh_5

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I recently purchased an R9 390 from MSI, so I wanted to upgrade the drivers from the r7 370 strix that I had. The entire build is still quite new so I doubt that my mobo just went bad. So, I uninstalled the CMD Catalyst and my screen went dark for a long time. I tried rebooting, but all I could see was the bios setup of the asus 970 pro gaming aura mobo. When I tried to normally boot the system, everything in my computer seemed to work fine. However, as soon as the system passed the bios boot, my gpu fans stopped spinning and then the screen went dark again. I've tried removing the mobo battery and putting it back, switching the gpu to a different PCI slot, and still nothing works. Are there anyone out there that have a suggestion for this fix? My mobo doesnt have an on board video card, unfortunately. Also, I havent been able to get into safe mode either. Any help is truly and much appreciated

My build is

Amd FX 8370 8 cores (4.0 GHz)
16 GB RAM
1 TB blue WD HDD
Thermaltake water 3.0 cooler
ASUS 970 Pro Gaming Aura
600W EVGA PSU

Anh_5

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
After fiddling with everything, jumping from forums to forums, I finally got my system to display again. I hit the reset switch on my computer and it brought up choices that I can select from to trouble shoot the system. I couldn't get into safe mode since the keyboard isn't functional when I selected the option, neither was the mouse. I tried refreshing the PC and that helped. Although, I lost a few files, not major ones, I was able to get this resolved by refreshing the PC. I was able to quickly reinstalling everything including the drivers so everything works fine now.