i5-4460 3.2ghz new cooler

Tech Gizmo

Reputable
Jul 21, 2016
i have a i5 4460 3.2 ghz what new cooler should i get i have the intel one which gets loud and my friends complain so whats agood cooler to get i was thinking of a coolermaster 212 evo.

Solution
The Cooler Master 212 EVO has a rather difficult install honestly and can be rather large. I recently bought this cooler https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Low-Profile-Cooler-Retail-Cooling/dp/B009VCAJ7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471387661&sr=8-2&keywords=noctua+cpu+cooler which is small and very simple to install which I love about it. It also comes with a high quality Noctua fan instead of a cheap Cooler Master sleeve bearing fan you'd find on the 212 EVO. There are some other Noctua fans I see, too, that are a bit bigger and will cool better but really your CPU does not need really good cooling at all, my I5-4460 is so cool on my stock Intel heat sink, that you might just be best off getting a cooler that is quiet more than anything.
The Cooler Master 212 EVO has a rather difficult install honestly and can be rather large. I recently bought this cooler https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-Low-Profile-Cooler-Retail-Cooling/dp/B009VCAJ7W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471387661&sr=8-2&keywords=noctua+cpu+cooler which is small and very simple to install which I love about it. It also comes with a high quality Noctua fan instead of a cheap Cooler Master sleeve bearing fan you'd find on the 212 EVO. There are some other Noctua fans I see, too, that are a bit bigger and will cool better but really your CPU does not need really good cooling at all, my I5-4460 is so cool on my stock Intel heat sink, that you might just be best off getting a cooler that is quiet more than anything.

Solution

matt4x4

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
What is the purpose of installing a cooler on that CPU?
I ask b/c I have the i5-4570 in Q87 LGA 1150 and perhaps I should buy a cooler too.
Are you o/c'ing your CPU? Do you have a mobo that can do that?

Thanks

He can't overclock but he just wants one that is quieter. I'll admit that my Intel stock cooler is audible, more of a whining noise. Can get annoying at times.