2x R9 270 problem

ruberbub

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Hello there, I've got a problem regarding my graphics card.
I've just got a new (it was sealed) R9 270x (MSI) that I want to use along with my R9 270 (MSI) without crossfire (1 GPU for each monitor). But I can't install driver for them. Whenever I try to install driver for the cards, it will get installed sucessfully but after that I can't boot into the system---> there is just a black (not pure black like no signal, but something like this http:// screen
(the only way to get back is to delete the drivers with DDU for 3DGuru in safe mode).
I can only install drivers with the R9 270 connected but then when I plug the R9 270x in,it
After that I am able to boot up normally (without the drivers installed). But the 2nd GPU doesn't show any signal (on the 2nd monitor). I tried my R9 270 (my old gfx) and it works with both PCIe slots (the R9 270x on the other hand doesn't work with any).

After the driver installation (right before I hit restart) I checked the device manager and it showed r9 200 graphics driver (or something like this) twice under the display devices (and BIOS device explorer also shows that both of my PCIe slots are used and detects the graphics card), even the "safe mode device manager" detects them. So can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?
When I delete the drivers it also states "code 10 this device cannot start" for the 2nd "gfx adapter" in the device manager
Do I need the crossfire bridge to set them up even though I want to use the individually?

My motherboard is MSI Gaming 970 and I'm running WIN7 Pro x64.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

ruberbub

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Yeah, exactly, I didn't want to believe it but it's the case (I tried 3 different PCs and it's still the same). I thought that the GPU is ok as it was detected by BIOS,Windows etc... but no, so I will send the card back to get RMA.

It's a pitty though :/